I gotta tell you guys, these rolls are my favorite raw desserts. They are healthy, fat-free, filling and delicious.
In the USA, cinnamon rolls are really popular, but we all know they are absolutely not healthy, considering they are full of processed sugar, they contain simple white flour (gluten) and yeast as well.
In Hungary, cacao rolls are much common, I used to eat them all the time when I was a kid. They are the same type of dessert than the cinnamon roll, but they have cacao, not cinnamon.
When you are going to see the ingredients, you are probably going to say: “well yes it’s raw, fat-free but they are full of sugar.
People are so afraid of fruits because of their natural sugar content. Don’t compare fruits with high-fructose corn syrup, processed cane sugar, sucrose and other sweeteners and sugars. People are told that the sugar in fruit causes Candida, mold, weight, cancer, diabetes etc.
“Do not get a pound of fruit confused with a pound of sugar. A pound of sugar is a pound of sugar. A pound of fruit is a unique blend of life-creating, life-saving, life-sustaining phytonutrients and other phytochemicals that stop disease and promote long life.
Fruit does not have that much sugar in it. Fruits are made up of living water, minerals, vitamins, protein, fat, other nutrients, pulp, fiber, antioxidants, pectin-and just a fraction of sugar. If we wanted to compare 100 pounds of refined sugar to the equivalent amount of sugar you’d consume in fruit, we’d be looking at thousands of pounds of fruit.”
The problem comes when you eat a lot of sugar and fat.
Our whole life we hear that diabetes is caused by eating a lot of foods with sugar in them. But the problem is not the sugar, it’s sugar and fat combined. Most people consume processed foods and junk foods such as cookies, cakes, ice cream and so on, and they eat a lot of fat and a lot of sugar at the same time. Following a high-fat diet is the problem because it doesn’t allow the sugar to get into our cells. It gets trapped in the bloodstream leading to insulin resistance and high blood sugar and turns into diabetes.
So that’s why it’s important to consume a low-fat diet.
The healthy fats are still fat, so make sure don’t eat a lot of them either. In the beginning, if you want to get rid of your skin and health issues, it’s good if you avoid the healthy fats as well until your symptoms are gone.
To make this recipe, you need a dehydrator. If you want to eat healthy raw desserts, you don’t need it, but this recipe requires it, and if you want to invest in your lifestyle, I recommend you to get one. You can make amazing recipes with it.
The main ingredient is bananas.
Bananas have a really bad reputation because they are high in sugar. As I mentioned above, sugar is completely different from cane sugar.
Bananas have a lot of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other phytonutrients to help us fight disease.
They are also antiviral food, they help us sleep better, reduce anxiety, and alleviate depression. If you have digestive issues, bananas are your best friends.
Dates are so beneficial for you.
“Dates are amazing for the digestive system. As one of the most anti-parasitical foods on the planet, dates destroy and sweep away parasites; yeast, mold, and other fungus; heavy metals; viruses from the gut. (…)
Contrary to popular belief, dates are also an ideal food for people dealing with diabetes and hypoglycemia, because they deliver vital glucose to the liver.
Dates are rich in nearly 70 bioactive minerals that support the adrenal glands to help you handle life’s daily challenges.”
RAW CINNAMON AND CHOCOLATE ROLLS
Prep time: 20 minutes Bake time: 16 hours Servings: 15 medium or 30 small rolls
- 10 medium spotty bananas
- 600-700 g (1,32-1,54 lb) dates
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp carob powder (low-fat version) or raw cacao powder
- Blend the bananas in a high-speed blender until they are creamy. You can add a splash of water to it, so it blends easily.
- Spread the “batter” on two dehydrator sheet evenly. Don’t make it thick, but also not too thin.
- Set the dehydrator 42 C (107 degrees F). “Bake” them in the dehydrator for 12 hours.
- Flip the fruit leathers, and put them back into the dehydrator for at least 2-3 hours.
- After that make the cream. In a medium-size bowl, soak the dates for 10 minutes, then blend them in a food processor until they are super creamy.
- Pour half of the cream in a bowl and mix it with the cinnamon. Mix the other half with the carob powder or cacao.
- Spread the cinnamon cream on the top of one fruit leather and the choco cream on the other one.
- Transfer the fruit leathers onto a big cutting board. Cut approximately 1 cm wide stripes, and roll them up. If you want bigger rolls, roll one up and put it onto another stripe, and roll it up again.
- Once you are done with the rolling, transfer them back to the dehydrator sheet and put them back into the dehydrator for two hours.
- Store them in the fridge for 3-4 days.